Why Join Malahide Credit Union? Members of a credit union enjoy many benefits, including:
- No Costs – Free Services – Convenience – Community Benefits
- There are no account fees, maintenance costs or charges
- We offer Loans exclusively to members
- Very Competitive loan interest rates
- Encouragement and advice on a regular savings programme
- Late opening Thursday until 7pm and also open on Saturday morning
- Pay into your savings or pay off your loan by standing order without calling into the office
- We invest in the local community
- Loan Protection and Life Savings Insurance at no direct cost to eligible members
- Security of savings through the Credit Union’s Fidelity Bond, and through the Irish League of Credit Unions’ Savings Protection Scheme
Joining is Easy
If you live in Malahide just apply for membership at our offices on Main Street. Check our opening hours here.
To be eligible for membership of Malahide Credit Union Ltd you must be living or working within our Common Bond area. You need to present 2 forms of identification, an official correspondence with your PPS number and a minimum of €10 (plus €1.27 membership fee) is needed to join and open an account.
If working locally a letter is required from the employer as proof of employment.
Regular saving is required to keep the account activated.
Two forms of identification are required in order to comply with the Money Laundering Act 2010 relating to all financial institutions. One form of ID from each of the sections below is required:
- Evidence of Identification (must show date of birth & recent photo), i.e. Current Valid Passport, Current Valid Driving Licence, Current Valid I. D. Card.
- Evidence of Address (must show address where you currently live and not more than 3 months old), i.e. Original of Recent Household Bill (e.g. ESB, Phone), Bank or Building Society Statement.
- PPS number needs to be on an original P60, Tax credit certificate or Dept of Social Protection letter/card. These need only be presented in order that your PPS number may be confirmed.
- A Birth Certificate is required for all minor accounts.
In order to speed up the process you may download a Membership Application Form (adult) or a Membership Application Form (minor) for children under 16. Then complete same prior to presenting in person, together with the required documentation described above. Please note applications cannot be accepted by post or third party.
Give Yourself Time
Members, as you know, it takes some time to process your membership application form.
There is a lot of signing involved, so please give yourselves enough time by coming to the credit union office at least half an hour before close of business.
Thank you, as always, for your co-operation.