We are delighted to announce a new service for our members. You can now apply and draw down your loan from the comfort of your home!
No queueing, no hassle, just a simple online application with the ability to sign loan documentation electronically without calling to the office.
If you are registered for online banking you can now apply for your loan, upload your documents, and sign your Credit Agreement at the click of a button from anywhere with our new E-Signature facility.
Once all required information has been uploaded, Malahide Credit Union dedicated Lending Team will assess and underwrite the loan application. The decision to accept (or reject) your loan application will be advised accordingly. If further information is required, you will also be advised.
Funds can then be transferred to Your account.
USE THE E-SIGNATURE SERVICE TO APPLY FOR AND DRAW DOWN YOUR LOAN AND YOU WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY ENTERED INTO A DRAW TO WIN AN IPAD GOLD (CLOSING DATE 30TH OF JUNE 2021).
Benefits of our New E-Signature Service!
Apply for your loan at a time that suits you
- Upload your documents from the comfort of your home
- 24 Hour turnaround*
- Funds can be transferred to your nominated bank account.
- Loans up to €30,000 available with e-signature, other loan amounts available by contacting the office
- Loan Protection Insurance offered at no charge (FREE) to qualifying members**
- No hidden fees or transaction charges
- Flexible repayment options
- Normal lending terms and conditions apply
Terms and Conditions For Electronic Signatures
The loan application must be applied through our online banking CU Online+.
- Upload your documents using our secure portal on CU Online+
- For top up loans exceeding €30,000 you can still apply online, draw down will be done by calling into the office.
- Top-ups are available using the E-Signature service provided the loan balance does not exceed €30,000. (Please note you can still apply for loans more than €30,000 using CU Online+ but you will be required to call to the office to draw down the loan).
- * Note: Loan approval within 24 hours is, approval within 24 business hours. It is also subject to the following criteria: loans must be applied through CU Online+ and all requested documentation supplied prior to approval. Your loan application will be processed within 24 hours once all relevant documentation accompanies the loan application and is received by 1pm . Loan applications are processed within standard business hours excluding Bank Holidays. Please note: Not all applications are the same and additional information may be required in certain circumstances, or our lending team may like to meet you in person or through a Zoom chat.
- **Terms and conditions apply to Free Loan Protection Insurance.
- If we do not already hold the following on file, we will request them at loan application stage:
- Passport or Drivers Licence (in date)
- Proof of your current address (Utility Bill, Bank Statement) dated within six months of the loan application
- Proof of your PPS number
We will require your last 3 payslips, social welfare, or pension receipts for all loans.
- We will also require 3 months up to date bank statements.
- All documentation can be uploaded using CU Online+ Service
- Further documentation may be requested, depending on the purpose of your loan.
Malahide & District Credit Union is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Warning: If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating which may limit your ability to access credit in the future.